You are here: Curriculum » RSE (Relationships and Sex Education
Relationship and sex education in infant schools is about the emotional, social, and cultural development of pupils, and involves learning about relationships, healthy lifestyles, diversity, and personal identity. At Spire Nursery and Infant School, we aim to provide children with age-appropriate information, explore attitudes and values and develop skills to empower them to make positive decisions about their health and relationships both on and offline.We aim to give children essential life skills to build positive, respectful, and enjoyable relationships with others.
We recognise that children are growing up in a world where the internet will be a key part of their lives with both benefits and risks. We aim to equip children with the knowledge to enable them to stay safe online and understand what to do if something online concerns or worries them.
We aim to:
· Support our children to develop feelings of self-respect and pride in themselves.
· Explore emotions and feelings and provide the children with opportunities to develop their vocabulary to enable them to express these clearly.
· Place high value and importance on family life and we aim to reflect the different family backgrounds our children come from.
· Develop the children’s empathy towards others, understanding that although people and families may be different everybody is entitled to respect.
· Help the children to understand who you should speak to when you feel unsafe or worried about something.
· Model healthy relationships and help the children understand how having a healthy relationship is important to your mental wellbeing.
· Promote children’s moral, social, cultural development along with the development of their Scientific knowledge.
Please see our RSE policy for a breakdown of how this is delivered in school.