Safeguarding and Early Help
The Governors and staff of Spire Nursery and Infant School take seriously their responsibility to promote the safeguarding and welfare of all children entrusted to our care.
Child Protection is everyone's business, even when out in the community. If you believe that any child is in danger call Starting Point which is the focal point for Social Care support on 01629 533190 choosing the option for urgent child protection or contact the police.
Spire Nursery and Infant School fully recognises its responsibilities for Child Protection and Safeguarding. Safeguarding arrangements at Spire Nursery and Infant School are underpinned by three key principles:
- Safeguarding is everyone's responsibility: all Staff, Governors and Volunteers should play their full part in keeping children safe.
- That Spire Nursery and Infant School operates a child-centred approach: a clear understanding of the needs, wishes, views and voices of children.
- That all Staff, Governors and Volunteers have a clear understanding regarding abuse and neglect in all forms; including how to identify, respond and report.
Designated Safeguarding Lead- Kelly Hill
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads:
-Siobhan Bridgeman- (Children and families support worker)
-Andrea James-Deputy Head teacher
Alison Kirkwood-Assistant Headteacher
• Starting Point and Call Derbyshire- Tel 01629 533190 24/7 365 days a year. This service is for concerns that a child is suffering or at risk of significant harm
• Derbyshire Domestic Abuse Helpline- Tel 08000 198668. Free support, 7 days a week, for parents and carers of children who live in Derby and Derbyshire.
• NSPCC- Tel 0808 800 5000- Support for any concerns related to the safety of a child, including online safety.
Please see different policies and support concerning safeguarding below.
Child Protection Policy 2022
Children Missing in Education
Derby City and Derbyshire Threshold document
Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022
Private Fostering Policy
Sexual Development traffic Light Tool